Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday horse racing summary

Having proposed six win bets this morning, today turned out to be something of an anti-climax. Back Among Friends was running in a handicap chase at Warwick, and to me seemed very well treated. He had turned in some improving performances this year, and an event like this seemed well within his compass. I backed him at 13/8 before he was eventually sent off the 5/4 favourite. He had fully justified his position at the top of the market, and only needed to jump the last fence to be sure of victory. You guessed it, he fell!

This happens and we have to take it on the chin. The remaining five bets all failed to reach my suggested value prices, so they go down as 'no bets', and with no lay bets put forward, I had nothing to regain our loss. Our solitary horse snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and I ended up a solitary point down on the day. Ho hum...

No comments: