Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday horse racing summary

By contrast to last week when I had a day when every selection won, today all my selections lost. But just like last week this was good and bad news. The bad news this time was that all three of my back-to-win selections lost, and three points came off the account.

However, my two lay-to-lose selections also came a cropper, good news! I advised a maximum lay bet against Merrydown in the novices hurdle at Ayr. He won last time out, and also at this level, but today's race distance represented a marked drop back in trip. He was forecast to be odds on which given the question mark over the trip made it a no-brainer to lay. Laying at odds on meant we could leverage the stake, and when he finished only third we collected 12 points profit. My other lay bet also lost to give me a bonus 2 points.

11 points profit in total from my efforts today, so I'm a happy bunny.

Profit so far this month: 61 points
.

No comments: