Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Tuesday horse racing summary

I took a big lay bet on the chin this afternoon, which left me with a loss overall to the account today of some 16 points. From the three win bets I proposed this morning, two of these managed runner-up spot, but obviously no pay out. The third did not reach my advised price, and so went down as a 'no bet'.

The lay bets started well this afternoon, and I landed a maximum bet against the odds-on favourite at Exeter According To Dick. But I also went to the maximum against Bally Conn in the stayers handicap hurdle. He was coming here off the back of a win by a narrow margin in a similar event, but had been raised by 7lbs since. I thought the handicapper may well just have got the horse pegged, especially carrying the extra weight around the undulating course at Exeter. In a 14 runner handicap 2/1 is a very skinny price and so it was a no-brainer to lay the horse to lose. On this occasion I was proven wrong as the horse won by a short head. But the backers will have had some sweaty palms I am sure. Nonetheless, the win put a big 25 point dent in my account as I was matched at 5/2

Profit so far this month: 5 points
.

No comments: