Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Wednesday horse racing summary and weekly results

A loss of 5 points from the account today, as all five of my win bets failed to score any returns. I was looking for a value bet against the long odds-on favourite Cosmea in the novice hurdle at Huntingdon. Kahsabelle was bringing some good French form on soft ground, and certainly her flat form was good enough to take a race of this class. So I took her as the best of the rest and at 10/1 I hoped she would relish her first race over hurdles. She did prove to have the beating of the rest of the field, but was unable to get the better of the favourite.

I did not propose any lay bets today.

Results from the last 7 days

I finished October with a best ever monthly profit figure of 140 points. This was due almost entirely to an outstanding performance from my Lay Bets of more than 100 points. Laying horses to lose is very often a profitable strategy when we move from the Flat season to the Jumps, and vice versa. Form is that bit more unreliable, and there are far more "talking horses" over-bet and presenting good value to oppose.

The strike rate has been poor for the Win Bets this past week. I have had twenty bets, yet only seen three winners. However, these three have returned 5 points profit, and included a 16/1 winner.

I've had eight lay bets this week, and seen six of these overturning the favourite. I took a big hit with a maximum bet at 5/2 which obviously put a sizeable dent in the account of 25 points, and as a result the Lay Bets lost 3 points overall this week.

For the time being I am happy to be basking in the (self-awarded) glory of my first 100 point month, and I hope to continue in the rich vein of form.

Weekly profit results: Win Bets 5pts, Lay Bets -3pts loss

Total profit so far this month: 0.5 pts
.

No comments: