Monday, November 03, 2008

Sayonara Kerayasi

I can add another 13 points to the bottom line this evening, as two more successful lay bets brought home the bacon this afternoon. I had proposed three win bets this morning, but only one (Bynack Mhor at Plumpton) reached my suggested value price. He finished unplaced, so a loss of a point there.

But I managed to get two favourites beaten. First, Art Trend went down for a maximum 10 point bet. Then I advised bets against Kerayasi running at Plumpton. Before today, Kerayasi had just two wins to his name from twenty starts, both in low grade flat races. He had raced only twice over hurdles, both times at a lower grade than this afternoon. Today he was voted by the market the favourite to take a class 4 hurdle race - why? I laid bets against him for 4 points, and he finished in 6th position.

Profit so far this month: 21 points
.

No comments: