Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Fromsong on song

An extremely satisfying day today, which put nearly 8 points profit on the bottom line. I had four win bets, and two winners, including Fromsong this evening at Kempton. He was sent off at 11/4 but you could have taken anything up to 7/2 on the exchanges.

I also had two lay bets this evening, and both were overturned. Salsa Verdi was contesting her second ever race - a maiden fillies stakes. She produced a good performance to finish runner-up first time out, but I saw no emphatic reason to suggest she would walk away with today's race, especially over the longer trip, and with several debutants with unknown potential in the race. I knew the price would take a tumble with the booking of Mr Dettori and I went against her for 3 points. She finished 3rd behind two of the 'unknowns'.

No comments: