Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tuesday racing summary

I'm enduring a losing run at the moment, and my last successful win bet came ten selections back. I came within a few inches of breaking the cycle when Yossi was called second in a photograph at Pontefract this afternoon - but second is not a winner.... A further losing bet meant 2 points lost for the afternoon.

Neither of my lay bets materialised. I was planning a big 6 point bet against Braddock, also at Pontefract. Granted he was unbeaten after three runs, but today he was making a significant jump in class, trying a distance for the first time, and carrrying a 7lb penalty for his last win. Yet he was still a short-priced favourite to win this morning, and that is why I was happy to lay bets against him. It was all academic by the time the race went off, as he was pulled out of the race and a Non-Runner. I also proposed Ancient Culture in the following race, but the price of 15/8 was never available to lay, so that too goes down as a 'no bet'.

No comments: