Saturday, July 07, 2007

Saturday racing summary

Attempting to select horses to win is a bit like walking on egg-shells at the moment. The abnormal soft going on most courses is playing havoc with the form book and I am only comfortable putting a few selections forward, in order to reduce liabilities.

Having said that I had 5 win bets yesterday, and found 2 winners in Champagne Shadow and Scintillo. But only two win bets today, and both failed to score.

I more than compensated for these two points lost, with a successful bet against Mutanaseb at Sandown. As there were several negative pointers against this horse, I was happy to endure high liabilities (4 points at 9/2) as I felt as sure as I could be that he would have to show marked improvement to win. He was stepping up in class to a class 2 Heritage Handicap. He was stepping up in trip, and the handicapper had saddled him with an extra 7lbs for his last win. The tacky going and stiff track at Sandown would only compound his disadvantage, and he finished fourth.

On balance a 2 point profit for the day.

No comments: