Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tuesday racing summary

A small loss of nearly 2 points to the account overall today, due largely to my lay bet scooting up. I had two win bets, with Look Busy coming home in front at a starting price of 2/1 The filly opened at 5/2 and touched 11/4 and higher on the exchanges. I anticipated the price shortening once the markets opened on course, so I took the original 5/2 and that is what will go down on my results.

My lay bet was Speed Song in a class 5 maiden at Yarmouth. She finished 3rd in her debut in a similar event at the beginning of June, and you might expect her to come on for that run. However, I felt the likely even money price was going to be too short - I didn't think she merited a 50% chance of winning in a field of 12 two year-olds. She was on offer at nearly 4/6 odds-on at one point, but I had happily layed to lose 3 points at 1.90 She went and won her race, and backers took my 3 points.

No comments: