Monday, July 23, 2007

Gone too Fast

More than 6 points profit to show for our efforts today, with a couple of healthy winning bets on both accounts. I suffered three losing bets, including two which finished in the frame. But Danzare was the star of the day, scoring at 7/1 at Yarmouth. He was easy to back nearing the start, and better prices were available on the exchanges.

I had two lay bets this evening at Windsor. Gone Fast was stepping up in class, contesting another maiden race, following her debut. In a race featuring several unknown quantities I felt comfortable laying the horse to lose. However, she produced an improved run to win going away, and took my money away as well. I got it back with interest though, when I successfully laid Marozi for 3 points in the following race.

No comments: