Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mighty Fine profit

The account continues to move in the right direction, albeit slowly with so many bets called off due to the rain (it's July for crying out loud!) I put up five win bets today - the first three were all too short in price so were 'no bets', and the other two were withdrawn and non-runners.

I had two horses to oppose this afternoon. Escape Route was to run in the class 2 handicap over a mile at Newmarket. He was stepping up in class, running a furlong further than ever before on a stiff track, and his only winning form to date was a class 5 maiden. I managed to lay at 5/2 before the price started to drift like a barge, and i must admit I thought we were on to 3 points profit. However, our hopes were dashed as the horse played up behind the stalls and would not go forward. Not starting the race, he goes down as a non-runner and bets are off! Damn! Still, my other lay bet Mighty Fine was duly beaten at Market Rasen.

So, I managed just one point profit for all today's efforts - but a point is still a point, eh?

No comments: