Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fringe is edged out of a win

I feel like I'm properly back in the saddle this evening, after making 10 points profit this afternoon. Similar to yesterday I had five win bets, only today three of them won. My two lay bets were also successful, including getting race favourite Fringe beaten at Lingfield.

Miacarla was contesting a lowly class 6 handicap sprint at Thirsk this afternoon. The form book showed only one win from 16 starts, but the filly has finished within a couple of lengths of the winner in several of her recent outings, and in better company. So she obviously had this kind of race within her compass, and I felt at a price of better than 4/1 she represented good value. The fact that she started favourite was also a positive indicator of her chances. She finished strongly to take the race, and if you were prudent you could have been matched at 5/1 on the exchanges.

No comments: