Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday horse racing summary

A small profit to tuck away this evening, thanks to my lay bets. None of the three horses I suggested backing to win were available at my suggested minimum value odds, and so all three go down as 'no bets'.

I had two lay bets, one this afternoon and the second later on this evening at Wolverhampton. Confidential Lady was a beaten 2/1F at Ayr and I laid bets to 2 points. This evening I was opposing Boz on the all-weather track at Wolverhampton. He was coming off the back of a win in similar company at Kempton recently. But this evening he was stepping up 2 furlongs, and carrying an extra 10lbs. I felt the price of 6/5 was far too short given the task ahead of him, to win a twelve-runner handicap. But he justified favouritism to win having travelled well the whole race.

Having paid out on Boz, this left me with a little over half a point profit for my efforts today.

No comments: