Friday, October 17, 2008

All in against Laddies Poker Two

Please excuse the very weak pun. Half of me wanted to lay a decent bet against Laddies Poker Two, just to give me the excuse to post that lousy title. The other half recognised the fact that the only race this filly had won to date, without the help of the handicapper to even the field, was a class 5 maiden. Yet here she was this afternoon, lining up in a Listed race, and priced at 11/8F The value bet was clearly to oppose her, and I layed her for my maximum 10 points. She finished soundly beaten into sixth place and around 5 lengths shy of the winner in a 6f sprint.

I suffered a small loss on the Win Bet account. My first horse Run For The Hills came home the winner at 13/8 with 11/4 generally available this morning. However, the subsequent three bets all lost to leave me a little out of pocket.

But more than 9 points profit overall, and a solid day's work.

Profit so far this month: 120 pts
.

No comments: