Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Wednesday horse racing summary and weekly results

Mixed results this afternoon. I had my eye on three outsiders at Exeter, Towcester, and Nottingham, all three at double figure prices, but they all failed without even a placing. I managed to end the day in front though, as Native City came home up the hill at Towcester at a respectable 4/1 He has been steadily improving all season, with more than his fair share of second places, so I felt he must be due his next win. I managed to get matched at 11/2 on Betfair which I considered to be his worth, and I was rewarded with a profitable bet.

No lay bets today.

Results from the last 7 days

Most savvy punters throttle back a little around this time of year, as we make the transition from Flat to Jumps. Form is a little less reliable so it's a wise move to make. I prefer, however, to be that bit more aggressive, take advantage of the unpredictability of racing at this time, and focus on my lay bets. This week in particular that approach has paid spectacular dividends!

I've had nine lay bets this week, and all nine horses have been beaten. All were either race favourites, or morning favourites. At my advised stakes these bets have returned a stupendous 56 points profit, so I guess we should now look out for a few winners to blow some of this profit out of the water! Call me a pessimist.

Good news also on the Win Bet account, where 21 bets returned 4 decent priced winners including one at 8/1 SP and a 6 point profit overall. Not as good as the Lay bets, but sometimes it's comforting to know you can rely on a steady profit. Big profits in a week has a scary side, because experience tells you to expect the 'darker' side to betting, where 'good things' finish second and 'no-hopers' win the race. Call me a pessimist (again).

For the time being we can enjoy the purple patch.

Weekly profit results: Win Bets 6pts, Lay Bets 56pts

Total profit so far this month: 63.5 pts
.

No comments: