Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Wednesday horse racing summary and weekly results

Mixed results this afternoon, as two of my four Win Bets came home in front to return more than 8 points profit. But with my Lay Bets I managed to trip over a couple of winners, and lost 7 points from the account. So if you follow my win bets only, you will be pleased as punch this evening. If you are a layer you will be licking your wounds. And if you follow my service completely then you will have bumped your account forward a point or two.

I was against Stevie Junior in the Nursery at Kempton this evening. The old favourite is to back the top weight in a nursery, but Stevie Junior had only a win in his maiden to his name, and today was racing in better company and giving weight away to all his competitiors. He was priced at very short odds-on so I was going to lay him to lose all day. I was proven wrong on this occasion, but this type of race is where layers make money in the long run.

Results from the last 7 days

It's been a tremendous finish to September, with 7 winners from 21 bets in the past week, with prices including 7/1, 14/1, and 9/1, and producing a whopping profit in excess of 32 points. The pessimist in me suggests now we have to anticipate the inevitable losing spell, but I'm enjoying the moment for the time being.

Not such good news with the Lay Bets. I have put up 7 Lay Bets, and been successful with four of them. However, those three winners cost me over 8 points profit in all

Weekly profit results: Win Bets 32.5pts, Lay Bets 8.5pts loss

Total profit so far this month: 1.5 pts
.

No comments: