Thursday, October 09, 2008

Quiet on the Set please

I moved the account forward by a single point today, having seen Film Set win at Newbury. He was contesting his second race, a class 4 maiden over 6f The colt came up short by just a head in his first outing a couple of weeks ago in a similar race, so I was looking for him to come on for that experience. I was somewhat concerned to see him drifting in the market, and I managed to get matched at 3/1 before the off. Happily the horse did not know the market was not confident in his ability, and Frankie drove him on to win.

My lay bet for the day was Orchard House at Wincanton. I saw this as a fantastic opportunity to oppose a red hot favourite, and suggested a maximum lay bet of 10 points. Just before sending out my advice message he was trading at a ridiculously short 8/11F but almost immediately started to lengthen. By the time the race started he was still favourite, but at a much more generous 11/8F He could only manage sixth place. I know a few of you managed to get matched early on at my recommended price of 8/11 but the majority of members missed out. For this reason the bet must go down as a 'no bet' and the 10 points will not appear on my results.

But it still demonstartes the form the Lay Bets are enjoying at the moment.

Profit so far this month: 64 pts
.

No comments: