Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday horse racing summary

Not a good day at all, and I've given back a slice of this month's profits today. I proposed four win bets this morning, and all four lost. The blow of a losing day can often be softened with at least one winner to give you the confidence you are still doing something right. But that was not to be this afternoon.

I also suggested two horses to oppose. I felt the handicapper had Inchwood pegged after raising her mark by 8lbs for her win in a class 4 race. Since then she has contested two class 3 handicaps and not tested the winners. So today I was not expecting a win, and looked to lay bets against her at 4/1 or lower. When she opened on course at 5/2 I quickly laid her to lose for a 5 point stake, before she eased in the market to go off the 3/1F I was wrong to oppose the filly today, and she took nearly 14 pints out of the account. Since we have amassed over 100 points with the lay bets this month alone, I wasn't too disappointed. In fact, it was only a matter of time before a winner would put a dent in the accounts. My other lay bet was to oppose Thewhirlingdervish for 4 points. The horse was duly beaten so I managed to salvage a little back.

Profit so far this month: 104 points
.

No comments: