Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Rocket Rob fizzles out

I don't know how the weather has been where you live, but it's been a miserable day here in Tring, and the rain is still coming down on the glass roof of my office. A miserable day for the account today as well. I say "miserable" - I lost 2 points, which still leaves quite a bit to have to give back if we are not to see a record breaking month for October (see below).

Sadly all four of my Win Bets went down and this account is not performing as well as last month.

On the other hand, the Lay Bets are firing like a Formula One engine that has just come roaring out of the pits! I had just the one morning favourite to bet against today, and that was Rocket Rob running at Yarmouth. Had been raised 5lbs for his win over 6f at the beginning of September, so back up to 7f he was carrying a half stone more than his only other win at this distance. This morning he was trading at the 3/1 mark and I felt that was low enough to have a bet against him. I layed him for 2 points and he finished in mid-division. So a couple of points profit to offset against the four lost from the Win Bet account.

Profit so far this month: 142 points
.

No comments: