Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday horse racing summary

I managed a good net return of 7 points to add to the bottom line of the account today. I saw two horses from three come home in runners-up position. However, I'm afraid to say that unless the bookmakers are feeling particularly generous, they still do not pay out on second place round where I live! So three points down with my win bets.

My lay bets today produced much better returns. I proposed four horses to oppose, and three of these lost. Ghanaati was a short-priced favourite which justified its market position when winning at Kempton. On the other hand, I also suggested a maximum bet in opposition to Hallingdal, also to be seen at Kempton this afternoon. She had won over course and distance previously - a major excuse for punters to 'pile in' and for bookmakers to shorten the price. But her previous win was over a lower class of competition, and she has been raised in the weights since. So when I saw she was likely to be offered at a price representing a 33% chance of winning, I jumped at the chance of laying her heavily.

She finished with only two others behind her, and I bagged 10 points profit.

Profit so far this month: 144 points
.

No comments: