Saturday, August 11, 2007

Benandonner's gonnandunnit

Two well-priced value winners contributed to more than 11 points profit for my win bets this afternoon. I placed five win bets, and both High Curragh and Benandonner scored nicely, with both available at prices up to 7/1 and more on the betting exchanges.

A welcome return from the win bets was tempered a little with a loss of almost 2 points from my lay bets. Although I was successful by opposing Longspur at Newmarket, I was wrong about Strategic Mount who won at Ascot. The colt won a class 2 handicap similar to this last year at Goodwood. However, he has struggled since to carry the extra weight to victory and I did not think today would be the day he returned to the winners enclosure. Frankie Dettori played a big part in making sure the horse kept his nose in front today, again demonstrating why he is an elite jockey ranked amongst the very best in the world. However, by opposing him today he cost me the lion's share of 3 points as I layed the colt for 2 points at a fraction under 6/4

Overall this afternoon, we were able to put a fat and juicy round 10 points profit back in the satchel.

No comments: