Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tuesday horse racing summary

The account stayed as it was this morning, as the single point lost on my one win bet this afternoon was recouped with a successful lay bet this evening. In something of a repeat of yesterday, good value opportunities did not show themselves today. Two of my five recommendations to win were withdrawn, and because of several significant non-runners Tom Sayers was sent off odds-on instead of the juicy 4/1 I was looking for. Prince Des Neiges came in second at Brighton to add to the frustration.

I opposed Just Oscar at Musselburgh this evening. He was dropping back in class this evening, which is I guess the main reason he was always one of the shortest priced horses for the race throughout the day on the betting exchanges. However, he was still a maiden after 11 runs and off the same mark as last time I could not see his fortune changing. He ended up unplaced and was never threatening the whole course of the race.

No comments: