Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday horse racing summary and weekly results

I added a couple of points profit to the account overall, thanks largely to a heavy bet against Bee Eater at Pontefract this afternoon. My sole win bet did not win.

I had two lay bets, and got off to a poor start when Record Breaker won its race at Pontefract at 3/1 But my focus this afternoon was on Bee Eater an hour later. She was running in the Listed fillies stakes, which represented a significant step up from class 3 handicap company. I felt she would find the task beyond her today, and I was surprised to see her price fall as low as 5/4 on the exchanges. I managed to get matched at 6/4 which was the eventual starting price, and layed bets for 6 points. On the day she found two horses get away from her, and she was never going to peg them back.

Two useful points to add to the bottom line.

The Win Bet account put in a very lacklustre performance this week, with only two winners, and a loss of nearly three points. On the other hand, I have done very well with the Lay Bets, returning a profit of just over 9 points to give an overall profit.

Profit for the week: Win Bets 3pts loss, Lay Bets 9pts

No comments: