Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday horse racing summary and weekly results

I was able to pinpoint three winners today! However, the bad news is that two of them were on the lay bet account which cost me nearly 5 points profit. I backed Finsbury at Leicester and he justified favouritism in the seller at 3/1

I blew 5 points on the lay bet account in about 10 minutes, when first Fisher Bridge won at Leicester, then Mountain Cat finished ahead of his rivals at Wolverhampton. 6/4 about a horse in a 13-runner handicap is always going to be short, when theoretically all horses should have the same chance of winning with their allotted weights. But furthermore, Mountain Cat had never won in this class and was running off a mark 5lbs higher than his best winning mark. To win today would take a career best performance. So you can see why I thought 6/4 was a particularly skinny price, and why I layed him for 2 points? However, he justified the price and took more than 3 points from me in the process.

The Win Bet account stormed back into the black for the week with a successful day yesterday, returning a solid 4 points profit for the last seven days. Although still running a loss for the month so far, the Lay Bets demonstrated a real return to form with a creditable 11 points profit this week.

Profit for the week: Win Bets 4 pts, Lay Bets 11 pts

No comments: