Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sunday racing summary and weekly results

Well, if you follow my lay bets you will have suffered the same kick to that 'tender area' as me today! Ten points lost after two favourites came in against us.

I made a small profit with one winner at 7/2 from four win bets, but let's examine the damage made by those losing lay bets.

First up, Quick Release won at Chester. I managed to lay this horse at 3/1 which was significantly below the Starting Price of 4/1 so I was happy with this. I know it hurts at the time when the horse wins, but if you can look back and see that you have laid a horse below the SP, and be content with that, then you are starting to think like a professional. Lay horses below SP and you will make profit long-term.

Second selection was Gothenburg at Newbury. He was stepping up in class compared to his previous run in a class 5 maiden, and also moving into handicap company. I did not think a price shorter than evens was representative of his true chance of winning, and I went against him for 7 points. The horse proved me wrong on this occasion and he improved to win comfortably.

A solid performance from the Win Bet account this week, turning in around 5 points profit. But the Lay Bets had a pitiful week, making a big dent in the balance with 18 points lost. No excuses, such results do occur, and it's always a wrench to give back such a large chunk of your winnings in one go. But this is part and parcel of my betting diary, and I will continue to show you how fortunes can twist and turn, warts and all.

Profit for the week: Win Bets 5pts, Lay Bets 18pts loss

No comments: