Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday horse racing summary

I couldn't resist backing Regency Red today at Beverley. With a name like 'Red' its a horse perhaps I should make an offer for! Most of his winning form has been on the all-weather, but he has won at this level in a handicap off the same mark as today, so a win was well within his compass. A disappointing step up to class 5 in a recent race would account for the faltering market confidence shown today, and prices up to 4/1 were available on the betting exchanges. My two other win bets were unsuccessful, leaving me with 2 points profit.

I suggested three horses to oppose today, and two of these became finalised bets. I suffered a loss when the first selection Ravarino won its race at Berverley. But I got most of this back less than 30 minutes later, after I successfully layed Hazlenut for 4 points.

Come the end of the afternoon and overall the account had neither moved forward nor back.

No comments: