Monday, August 20, 2007

Monday horse racing summary

Well, we didn't see any action on the Win Bet account today, as none of my advised prices were reached. But I was on top form with my lay bets as I saw the two red hot favourites I suggested to oppose, get duly beaten.

Dr Faustus was eventually sent off as the 8/15F odds-on favourite for the opening race at Leicester this afternoon. He was stepping up in class, after finishing only 5th and five lengths behind the winner on his debut. I'm certain the Stoute/Ryan Moore trainer/jockey combination had something to do with the punters piling on, but I find it incredible that people were prepared to accept odds of almost two-to-one on about a horse that has never won, only run once, and contesting a more difficult race today! I happily put my money up to be matched, and duly collected when the horse found one of the 'unknowns' too good and he finished second.

My other lay bet was Handset, also at Leicester, and an even money favourite which also lost this afternoon. 3 points profit in total.

No comments: