Monday, April 14, 2008

Bold Punt backfires on me

Betting against a second favourite actually went against me this afternoon, and cost me almost all of the profit I had accumulated from my win bets. I watched three win bets fail to score, before Mineral Rights popped in at Wolverhampton to give me more than 3 points clear profit.

But then my attention went to Newcastle where I was betting Bold Punt would lose his race. In his only previous outing he clearly did not relish heavy going when finishing a long way behind in a maiden race. The going for this afternoon's race was also described as 'soft' and I thought the odds-on favourite Innominate was a real 'good thing' to take the race. I layed bets against Bold Punt at 9/4 but how wrong I was. I managed to give back all but a point of my profit.

No comments: