Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday horse racing summary

Not a day I relish reporting so I will get on with it. My two win bets both came in third, whilst the two horses upon which I laid out my own money to lose, both won. A fraction over 10 points lost from the bottom line, the pain of which is exacerbated because I got every bet wrong today. It happens, it will happen again in future, but it does make you question your methods.

I was opposing Jaser in the handicap race at Nottingham over a mile distance. He was stepping up in class and also carrying an extra 8lbs for his latest win. I was willing to lay bets for 5 points he would not show sufficient improvement to complete his hat-trick, as long as I could get matched below 13/8 The horse showed me I was wrong and took my money.

Save only minor refinements, my methods for finding value in race cards have changed little over the years. These methods have returned consistent profits over time, so I just grit my teeth and take these losses today on the chin, confident new profits will be just around the corner.

No comments: