Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Minus Fifteen frozen out of the race

It would be an exaggeration to say that there is absolutely nothing better than rounding off a winning month with a winning day, but it is definitely satisfying. And this afternoon I added another fat and juicy 10 points to the September account, and it has turned out to be one of my much better months.

I had four win bets lined up at Warwick today, and after Brandywell Boy finished runner-up at 13/2 my second selection Baariq won at 2/1 Next was Mith Hill which came 3rd but I finished off the month with a decent priced winner in Jawaab.

My sole lay bet selection today was Minus Fifteen, running on the all-weather at Southwell. He scored a win in a similar race earlier in the summer, but has since been raised 5lbs and seems to be held by the handicapper. This morning you could have taken bets against the horse at 10/3 So if you left the bet til this afternoon you might have missed what I felt was the value price to oppose him. Again Minus Fifteen finished fairly close up, but not close enough, and I collected on the bet.

Profit so far this month: 78 points
.

No comments: