Sunday, September 21, 2008

Profits beached by Offshore Anna

I lost around two and a half points profits today, as I only managed one short-priced wnner, and a lay bet jumped up and bit me. This morning I proposed four Win Bets and it was only the last Knot In Wood at Hamilton which produced any returns. I grabbed some 6/5 on the exchanges before he was sent off a shade odds on by the bookmakers.

I had successfully layed two horses, when Offshore Anna was running in the last race of the afternoon at Hamilton, a handicap race over 11f. She had been raised 6lbs since her win around a week ago. I thought the soft ground as well as the penalty might just find her out, and I layed bets against her at 5/2 But I was proved wrong as she continued to improve and won by half a length, taking my two and a half points.

Profit so far this month: 23 points
.

No comments: