Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Pretty Bonnie bet

Not a good day overall, with a loss to the account of 4 points in all. Only one from six bets won, and I'm sorry to say this reflects my strike rate at the moment. Pretty Bonnie was contesting a class 4 sprint handicap at Sandown this afternoon. She is an improving filly, having finished 1st or 2nd in all but one of her last seven starts. I felt 7/2 represented a value price about her chances, and as it happens there was plenty of 4/1 available on the exchanges. She won by a head to spare my blushes today.

My only lay bet was Matterofact at Brighton. I was looking for 3/1 to lay bets against the horse, and as he dipped to 11/4 in the ten minutes before the off, I was matched at 3/1 He held on to win by a head, and took my 3 points.

Profit so far this month: 4 points loss

.

No comments: