Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday horse racing summary and weekly results

More than 5 points profit to stash away in the satchel today, as I enjoyed returns from the Win Bets and the Lay Bets. The day got off to a good start with Just The Lady winning at Beverley. She was returning to the track where she recorded has last win back in June. Today she was back to a more favourable mark and I was hoping for at least 4/1 to put my money behind her. She had not attracted much support during the day and her price continued to rise on course, going out to 7/1 by the off and with 8/1 freely available on the exchanges. She wasn't sweating up and looked fine going to post, so Iwasn't concerned, just happy to be getting better value. And she returned a comfortable winner by five lengths.

Priti Fabulous took all my profits from the other two successful lay bets, plus a little more, but it was a good day overall.

Results from the last 7 days

After a period well below par I seem to have turned the corner (he said desperately clutching his wooden desk top). I have had 27 win bets and found 5 well-priced winners, including one at 11/1 The strike rate could still do with some attention, but I am happy to be seeing the decent returns from value horses I have been lacking recently.

I have chalked up 7 successful lay bets from 9 and achieved a small profit to contribute to the bottom line.

All in all a very good week which saw the account move forward from a slight loss for the month, to a healthy profit in line with my typical returns.

Weekly profit results: Win Bets 16.5pts, Lay Bets 1.5pts

Total profit so far this month: 17.5 pts
.

No comments: