Monday, September 01, 2008

Monday horse racing summary

A good start to the month, with 3 points profit to put straight into the monthly account. None of these points came from my win bets however, as all three selections went down without a return.

On the other hand, I successfully overturned three of this morning's top of the market horses. I was of the opinion that the handicapper had finally caught up with Elite Land, who was running in a class 6 handicap at Hamilton. Carrying a 3lb penalty for his latest win, and stepping up in distance I felt he was worth taking on over good-to-soft going. As luck would have it, and as he only lost by a nose I have to give at least a little credit to Lady Luck, he found one horse too strong today. But a nose was enough for us to collect on the lay bet for 3 points. I also saw Miacarla beaten for 2 points, and Checklow at Kempton, to make it 6 points in all from the lay bets today.

Profit so far this month: 3 points
.

No comments: