Friday, June 20, 2008

Dnata Flyer swoops to win

The pace picked up ahead of the week end, with five win bets this afternoon, plus a further lay bet. My first bet Shunkawakhan failed to place at 12/1 but my second selection at Musselburgh was Dnata Flyer in a 7f handicap. He had showed one piece of form over 6f in May which suggested to me he might play a part in today's race. This morning he was widely available to back on the exchanges at 12/1 which I thought was outstanding value in a race with few genuine contenders. He opened on course at 10/1 and was eventually returned the winner at an SP of 8/1

I suffered two further losing bets, but grabbed a point back with Faraway Sound. I also secured a further bonus point by successfully laying bets against Conduit at Ascot.

A most satisfying day's work in all which saw 11 points added to the bottom line.

No comments: