Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Wednesday horse racing summary

My three win bets all failed to deliver this afternoon, but I recouped a couple of points with a successful lay bet at Kempton this evening.

Galeota was running this evening in a class 1 5f sprint at Kempton. Although he has won at this level before, he generally comes to peak form later in the season. If I could get matched at 11/4 or lower then I was happy to bet two points that he would not be at his best, and find such a classy race as this a little beyond him. Earlier today this price was available and I snapped it up. When he opened on course the market was less expectant, and his price wavered between 3/1 and 11/4 before he was sent off at 3/1F He finished with only one horse behind him and we collected 2 points profit.

And so a solitary point lost to the account overall by the end of the evening.

No comments: