Thursday, June 05, 2008

Pinch me! It's A Dream

A welcome portion of profit was heartily served up this afternoon, and for once it was dished up by my win bets! We started well when Daddys Gift scooted to the front at Lingfield. And then we were backing It's A Dream at Hamilton. He has tumbled the best part of two stone in the weights of late, and was sorely due his first win since his winning debut. Available at around 7/1 or 8/1 on the exchanges in the morning, this was a stand-out value bet. By the time the market opened on course he had been backed in to 9/2 and was sent off as the favourite at 7/2 He reached the line first, just over a length to the good.

My two proposed lay bets both lost, but they were never available at low enough prices to qualify as bets, so they will not appear on my results.

I came away with almost 8 points profit to add to the bottom line.

No comments: