Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday horse racing summary

A completely un-spectacular Thursday afternoon, with no lay bets to report, and all three win bets going down.

I had fancied Obe Royal in a mediocre 6f handicap at Yarmouth. He was a horse that just seemed to waiting for his win in turn. Stuck on the same mark by the handicapper for around a dozen races, he has been performing with consistency and I feel it is only a matter of time before he wins. However, I was hoping it would be today! He showed good form recently, finishing only a length off of Heywood in a better class of race, and when I saw he was available to back this morning at 7/1 he had to be snapped up for value. Sadly, he finished second, and I will probably leave him alone now unless a price nearer 10/1 can be grabbed. Watch him bolt up next time out when we are not backing him!

No comments: