Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday horse racing summary and weekly results

I lost a few potential selections today as Hexham had to be abandoned due to high winds. Nonetheless two win bets remained and I enjoyed a runner-up, and a winner with Envisage at Pontefract. Envsage returned a profit of 5 points on the exchanges, and so I made 4 points overall.

Also at Pontefract I went against Wohaida in the 6f maiden. On her previous debut outing she only managed fifth place in a similar race, so I saw no particular reason she should be the favourite to win today. I was happy to lay bets for a couple of points if I could get matched at 11/4 Briefly touching 5/2 on course she could be layed off on the exchanges at 11/4 and she duly finished fourth.

A useful 6 points profit to count at the end of the afternoon, to add to the small profit I made yesterday. A good week end all told.

The week turned out to be a nicely profitable one. I had nineteen Win Bets which returned six winners and just over 13 points profit. The Lay Bets are also performing very well this month, with just the one unsuccessful bet so far, and that was an odds-on favourite. This week I scored four from four bets against well fancied horses.

Total profit for the week: Win Bets 13pts, Lay Bets 5pts

.

No comments: