Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Enticing run from the favourite

Two points lost on the account today, as both my win bets were unsuccessful.

My only lay bet proposed today was the filly Enticing, who was running in the Listed race over 5f at Bath. My reading of previous form put the race between 3 horses, with at least one other with a 'half chance'. I put a price of 5/2 on Enticing, and suggested if we could lay better than 9/4 she would be worth opposing. The fact that this was also her first run of the season, and she may have been in need of the run, gave me added confidence she may get beaten. Fortunately for me, her price did not fall to 9/4 on the exchanges, as I had not anticipated such a scintillating performance. This filly will certainly be one to follow, as she turned in a course record and won going away.

Price discipline paid off again for me, but still I'm not at all happy with my current form.

No comments: