Monday, May 28, 2007

Flying Doctor to the rescue

I don't know about where you are, but it was a miserable Bank Holiday in Hertfordshire, and today's results did nothing to bring any rays of sunshine. I had three win bets, but two were losers although in the frame. Flying Doctor clawed the losses back however.

But the real frustration continues with my lay bets. After last month where we scored 46 points profit, this month has been a genuine case of two steps forward, two steps back. Today I got off to a good start by overturning the 7/4 favourite Twitch Hill at Chepstow. But within the hour at Leicester I was against Balakiref in the class 5 handicap over 6f. The last time he won, was in this very race last year. Since then he had shown inconsistent form. I didn't think he was worthy of favouritism today, but I was proved wrong and he took 3 points from me.

No comments: