Monday, May 14, 2007

Jewelled Dagger pierces the bookies' hearts

A fine way to start a new week, with two bargain-priced winners from 5 back-to-win selections, and a healthy 7.5 points profit. I pinpointed three more winners, and a runner-up, but you will not see these on my results as they did not reach my suggested value prices and so they are 'no bets'. However, both Starcross Maid and Jewelled Dagger won at good prices.

My only lay bet of the day was Whitbarrow in the 6f handicap at Southwell. God bless this horse, because at 8 years of age and with 73 races now under his belt, he continues to surprise! Before today, he had recently racked up two wins in class 6 events, after a three year spell without a win. Today he was taking a step up in class, and shouldering another 10lbs courtesy of the handicapper since his last race. Yet those of you watching the race this afternoon, witnessed him going away from the field - they must be putting nitrous oxide in his feed! I managed to lay him at 3/1 and well below his SP but nonetheless he took 3 points profit from me.

All told, I managed to move the account forward to the tune of 4.5 points this afternoon.

No comments: