Thursday, May 17, 2007

Quantum Leap shares the spoils

The difference between profit and loss today was a nostril - or a single pixel if we are talking in metric. Quantum Leap and Stamford Blue were judged to dead-heat in the last race at Salisbury, and so we only collected at half the odds of six-to-one matched on Betfair. My other two losses meant our profit was a mere one point.

The first of my lay bets duly lost, but I lost 2.5 points when Bollin Derek won at exchange odds of 5/2, and so an overall loss of a point-and-a-half. Today's win for Bollin Derek was 5lbs higher than his previous best winning mark, and so represented a career-best performance. I've managed to find several horses this week, turning in their best ever performances when my money has been against them - more's the pity. One thing is for sure - I will have a string of horses falling well short of expectations again very soon, and steer the lay account in the right direction once more.

A superficial scratch on the account, with a loss of a half point overall.

No comments: