Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Tuesday racing summary

I haven't posted for a few days so before I re-cap on today's racing I will just confirm the results from last week. The back-to-win bets returned a solid profit of 8 points, whilst the lay bets produced a small profit of just over a point.

Profit for the week: Win Bets 8 pts, Lay Bets 1 pt

Getting back to today's racing - I suggested four well-priced selections to win, but today they disappoined and I returned four well-priced losers.

My only lay bet was to be against Cedar Mountain in a maiden stakes at Southwell. This colt shaped well in his debut at Leicester, but today he was stepping up in distance, and racing for the first time on an all-weather surface, against plenty of opponents open to improvement. None of the runners had any solid form to point to, and this particular colt had several boxes to tick in terms of winning form, the trip, and the untried surface, yet he was still on offer at well below even money. He had to be opposed at that price, and I layed him for 3 points. I got it wrong today, but I would lay that sort of bet 1,000 times over and make a profit overall.

All told, a seven point loss to the account today.

No comments: