Sunday, May 20, 2007

Weekend racing summary and weekly results

Before I summarize the week's results I will just bring you up to speed with this week-ends racing. Friday returned three losing bets, but this was quickly countered by yesterday's 100% performance. I advised both Ascalon and Peppertree Lane to beat the odds-on hot favourites in their respective races, and they both succeeded at 5/2 and 9/2 respectively, with better prices available on the exchanges. Today my only back-to-win selection was New Perk at Fakenham, who came second.

I've had a fairly good week-end opposing horses. On Friday much of the profits taken by laying Sea Rover were nullified when Jalina won. However, yesterday I had a successful three point bet against Regal Flush in the London Gold Cup heritage handicap at Newbury.

Today I was laying Triple Beat in a maiden stakes at Ripon. Having finished fifth but only a couple of lengths down in a class 4 event, it both surprised me to see the horse dropped in class to race today, and left me with doubts around the trainer's confidence the horse would stay the extra furlong. He finished third, after the front two finished stronger in the last furlong.

The week from Monday has shown a very solid return of just over twelve points profit from backing horses. On the other hand my results from laying horses are still struggling this month. The lay bets this week showed a small loss, and so far this month have only just managed to break even. I'm looking to a good final week or so, to produce a respectable few points profit. But as long as the Win bets continue in such sparkling form, then I shall not be too concerned - many is the time the lay bets have propped up the win bets in the past, it's only just they return the favour.

This week's profit - Win Bets: 12pts, Lay Bets: -1pt

No comments: