Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday racing summary

A frustrating day today. From a total of seven proposed win bets, only one horse became available to back at my advised value price. Master Albert was a disappointment, and finished unplaced. I picked two winners in Blandings Castle and Singhalongtasveer at 3/1 and 7/1 respectively, but they will not appear on my results as I suggested waiting for higher prices.

I opposed four horses today, but two of these went on to win, and overall I made a small loss of less than one point. Lunar Crystal was running in the selling hurdle at Newton Abbot this afternoon. Recently he has contested two claiming hurdles races, after running in much higher class company earlier this year. Although he clearly has the ability to win this kind of race, the very fact that he was again running at this lower level begged a question about his current fitness. Below even money I was happy to lay a small bet, and on this occasion I was wrong, and he justified a 4/5F price tag.

No real damage done to the account overall, with a loss of less than 2 points altogether.

No comments: