Friday, January 19, 2007

Atlantic Story is my sob story today

I didn't collect once today, and some days that is just how it goes. I've enjoyed some profitable results recently; above expectations, and above average, so it was only a matter of time before a bad day such as today was to come along. Three back-to-win selections, but none even finished in the frame.

My sole lay bet was Atlantic Story, contesting a class 4 handicap at Wolverhampton. He had won on his last 3 outings, but was stepping up in class by 2 levels this time, and also put up by 9lbs. I thought that beating better opposition with a fair amount of extra weight on his back would be too big a question to ask. He won well from the front and just held off his nearest rival, but laying to win 2 points at 2/1 he cost me 4 points.

No comments: