Friday, January 12, 2007

Seems like Good Friday

Back in the 3-wheeled Trotters Independent Traders van parked outside Sotherby's auction rooms, Del Boy proclaimed with just a whiff of understatement, "Well, we've had worse days!".

The same can be said for me today... Nine back-to-win horses proposed today, four qualified as final selections, and all four won. Over 11 points profit to SP alone, but if you were betting on the exchanges and picked up the value prices, you would be around 14 points better off this evening.

Such a great day is tempered somewhat by a loss on my lay bets however. Jack Fuller duly lost at Huntingdon, but was never available as low as the 15/8 I suggested, so must go down as a 'no bet'. Role On was tackling hurdles for the first time in public, had finished only 3rd in a NH Flat race on his only previous outing, and with some good types in opposition I decided to lay bets. He ran well to win, and cost me 5 points profit. I did gain a point back when Endless Power failed to win the handicap hurdle later in the afternoon.

But having moved the account on by a handsome 10 points today, I'm not too concerned about the losing lay bet.

No comments: