Sunday, January 07, 2007

Bet on the Redd, not Thirty Five Black

Two back-to-win selections today, and one winner (The Sawyer) to give me just under a point profit. It looked as though Trinculo was going to be sent off at odds-on at Southwell, which would have meant a 'no bet'. However, minutes before the start the price drifted right out to a fraction over 2/1 before the SP of 15/8. I wasn't watching the racing today, so I don't know the reason for this - perhaps the horse was playing up in the preliminaries? Anyway, the dramatic increase in price told a story, and the horse only finished third.

One qualifying lay bet. I wanted to be against Thirty Five Black in the novice hurdle at Plumpton for three reasons -- he was stepping up in class, he was stepping up in trip, and I fancied The Sawyer. He finished 46 lengths behind The Sawyer who himself won by 12 lengths - a race well read even though I say so myself. Four points profit here.

A respectable week's results for the Win Bets which returned 6 points profit. The Lay Bets lost a little over one point, which included a 10-point hit when I layed Kerry Lads for 4 points at 5/2. Nonetheless, 5 points profit combined, and bang-on my target to make 20 points per month.

Profit for the week :- Win Bets 6pts, Lay Bets -1pt

No comments: