Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Smoothly Does It at Wetherby

I put up two Back-To-Win bets today, but the first never reached my value price of 11/2 and so goes down as a 'no bet'. My second selection was Smoothly Does It in the 2m handicap hurdle at Wetherby. He was returned the winner at 11/8F but you could back him at 6/4 very easily on Betfair.

One qualifying lay bet today -- Kerry Lads in the 3m 1f handicap chase also at Wetherby. To win carrying his allotted weight he would need to produce his best performance of recent years in handicap company, and so I advised a value price of 5/2 or below. His starting price was 5/2 and although his price would probably not have shortened to this extent on Betfair (prices on the exchanges are generally a fraction higher) I think it only just to count this as a losing bet on the account.

No comments: